Yakuza 6 Launches in the West on March 20th, Launch Edition and Premium Edition Announced
This morning SEGA USA has announced that Yakuza 6 The Song of Life will be launching in North America and Europe on March 20th, and have also announced a Launch Edition and Premium Edition of the game.
The Dragon of Dojima has had a long and weary road brawling with endless thugs and belted his heart out to countless karaoke tunes in the Yakuza series, and it’s time for one more story. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the final chapter of long time protagonist Kazuma Kiryu’s story, is coming to the West on March 20, 2018 for PlayStation®4! The game will be will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99/CA$79.99 in the Americas, £49.99 in the United Kingdom, €59.99 in the rest of Europe, and A$89.99 in Australia.In Yakuza 6, Kiryu will find out exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice for family – be those ties through blood or bond – when he investigates a series of shadowy events that involve the ones he holds closest to his heart. He’ll journey to familiar grounds in Kamurocho and the new setting of Onomichi, a beautiful, sleepy port town in Hiroshima Prefecture, in order to find the answers he seeks. Powered by the brand-new Dragon Engine, the game is the ultimate iteration of Yakuza’s blend of gritty crime story, hyper-explosive combat, and all the vices and distractions those locales have to offer.Since Yakuza 6 is Kiryu’s last outing as the main protagonist in Yakuza, it’s just proper to release the game with our first-ever premium edition! The ultra-classy “After Hours Premium Edition” contains the perfect tools to lounge like a true yakuza:–PR
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
The “After Hours Premium Edition” will be available for the suggested retail price of $89.99/CA$119.99/£79.99/€89.99/A$129.99 in their respective regions. If indulging in libations isn’t up your alley, you can pre-order or grab the limited launch edition of the game which contains a sleek hardcover art book that also doubles as the disc holder!
If you’re not up to buying the Premium Edition, the Yakuza 6 launch edition also has quite a bit going for it as well.
We are really happy to see
Yakuza 6 getting an official release date in the west! Stay tuned for more updates on this game, and our eventual review, and also be sure to stay on the lookout for our review of Yakuza Kiwami!