Category Archives: News
Atlus today has shown off the cover art for Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey (or Strange Journey Redux in the US) in the most recent issue of Famitsu.
The Limited Edition will include the following items:
- Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey
- A 208 page art book
- A six CD soundtrack celebrating the series music
- A special edition box
You can get your hands on this thing for the low price of 16,800 Yen. This edition launches in Japan on October 26th. Sadly there is no news on whether or not western fans will be able to get their hands on this 25th Anniversary edition in the western release next year. Fingers crossed that Atlus will give us something to celebrate!
This afternoon Atlus USA has announced that The Caligula Effect (Formerly called Caligula in Japan) Will be making it’s way to the Americas and Europe on May 2nd.
A digital prison filled with brainwashed high-school students, evil musicians, and an all-powerful virtual idol awaits, because The Caligula Effect is coming to the Americas and Europe on May 2! Originally known as Caligula in Japan, ATLUS and FURYU Corporation have partnered to localize/release JRPG The Caligula Effect as a PlayStation®Vita digital download title.Players will follow the exploits of the Go-Home Club, a tight-knit group of Kishimai High School students who’ve discovered that their lives are nothing more than a virtual charade. They’ve come to realize that the world their living in is actually Mobius, a virtual reality construct created and ruled by an omnipotent virtual idol known as μ (pronounced myoo). This ragtag group of students must encounter crazed students known as Digiheads, battle malevolent musicians, confront the almighty μ, and face their deepest inner-traumas before tasting the sweet nectar of freedom.–PR
- A human story set in a virtual world – Experience a dark story as the Go-Home Club does whatever it takes to escape the digital prison known as Mobius. The crew must defeat a group of evil music producers (known as the Ostinato Musicians) who have been working with μ, and come face-to-face with their own black secrets/desires. Written by Persona series veteran Tadashi Satomi (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment), players will fight towards freedom as they examine the ugly psychological issues that plague the various characters in the game.
- Multiple relationships to nurture – There are 500+ NPCs to recruit into the party to be used in combat. Each has a preassigned class (such as offense, support, etc…) and have a unique background story that’ll slowly be uncovered by completing various quests. Oh, but there’s only 4 characters in a party, so choose your teammates wisely!
- A strategic battle system – The game features a unique battle system called “Imaginary Chain” that makes encounters an exercise in planning. Once enemies are encountered, players will seamlessly transition into battles where they can choose from 100+ skills to unleash on their enemies. While choosing skills, players can adjust timing and see a simulated preview of their attack before committing to it. Maximize damage by creating deadly attack chains between party members and don’t let enemies catch their breath!
- Music by celebrated producers – It’s only fitting that a game about fighting musicians features original songs by celebrated Japanese producers such as OSTER project, 40mP, 164, cosMo@Bousou-P, and more!
It seems like we have another promising JRPG to look forward to this year! You can check out some of the first english screen shots here as well:
The Caligula Effect will be available for download on May 2nd! Be sure to stick around for all of our future coverage on this game!
Idea Factory International has announced today that Cyberdimension Neptunia will be heading to PlayStation 4 and Steam in North America and Europe this Winter!
Stock up on your Nepbull, because Vert’s inviting you on a dungeon raid! We’re excited to announce that Cyberdimension Neptunia™: 4 Goddesses Online will simultaneously release on both the PlayStation®4 system and for Steam users this winter! Its console debut will be available in both North America and Europe both physically and digitally.
This game is the latest spin off entry in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, and the first spin off in the series to make its way to the PlayStation 4.
You can expect the following out of this new game:
- 4 Person Dungeon Raids – You’ll never go it alone in the dungeons when you’ve got 3 other party members helping exterminate dungeon fodder in this hack ‘n’ slash adventure! Choose the one you control whenever you want!
- You CAN Cast that Here – Be prepped for any situation when you can map multiple skills to each face button, and max out your meter to unleash a flashy “Awakening Skill” that will devastate those who cross you!
- +10 to Fashion – Show off tons of cosmetic gear that can be resized, rotated, and placed anywhere! Ever seen a mustachioed fairy pirate DJ? Now you can!
- Nep_Main Joined your Party – Play online with up to three other people for extra loot and harder enemies, plus use the in-game chat feature to really make it feel like an MMO! (It’s not.)
So be sure to stay on the look out for further coverage of this game on our site including a review later this year!
Atlus USA has released a new trailer and a ton of screenshots showcasing the new Velvet Room and how one goes about Persona fusions in this game. Now let me tell you this, it’s pretty intense!
The trailer itself shows off Igor’s new voice actor and the english voices of his two new assistance. Check it out, but be wary of spoilers in the comments!
Persona 5 launches in the west on April 4th
Compile Heart released a new trailer for their upcoming Hyperdimension Neptunia spin-off Cyberdimension Neptunia. The new trailer beautifully shows off the use of the Unreal Engine.
Also take a bit of a listen to the games soundtrack in another video released by Compile Heart as well!
Cyberdimension Neptunia releases on the PS4 in Japan in February 9th. No word on a US release date just yet.
Today XSEED has announced that Story of Seasons has surpassed 150,000 copies in North America. Similarly, Rune Factory 4 has surpassed the 200,000 landmark in North America. As a way to commemorate the event, both titles have been lowered in price to $29.99
Along with this announcement XSEED, has revealed the pre-order bonus for Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. A capybara plushie that’s about 3.5 inches tall.
“We feel incredibly fortunate to have such an amazing fan base for these games,” said Ken Berry, Executive Vice President of Marvelous USA. “The sales figures speak volumes as to how much fan support can affect what games we can bring to North America. We hope the long-awaited price drops will introduce the games to a new audience, gearing them up for the release of STORY OF SEASONS: Trio of Towns in early 2017.”
While the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild may still be several months out, that hasn’t stopped the crew at GameXplain to comb over every single detail we have gotten about the game since E3. Get yourself a snack and check out this over two hour long analysis of The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. The analysis combs through everything that was shown off at E3, to the mini trailers Nintendo has posted on their Facebook.
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild launches on Wii U and NX Q1 2017
The upcoming spin-off game in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series Superdimension Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls will be hitting the PlayStation Vita in North American regions on October 18th, and European regions on October 21.
LOS ANGELES, CA., August 22, 2016 – SuperdimensionNeptune VS Sega Hard Girls™ brings the superdimensional war to the PlayStation®Vita system forNorth America on October 18 and Europe on October 21! It will be available as a digital and a physical release and compatible with the PlayStation®TV.
We will keep you all posted as more news develops on the game, such as the highly anticipated Limited Edition!
Capcom this morning just came out with some awesome news. Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice will be launching on September 8th with a demo hitting the Nintendo eShop on August 25th!
Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice launches on the Nintendo eShop on September 8th for the price of $29.99.