Category Archives: News
Today SEGA has announced that their upcoming JRPG Shining Resonance Refrain launches in the west on July 10th.
The island of Alfheim is under siege by the Empire of Lombardia, and it’s up to Yuma Ilvern, the boy with the soul of the Shining Dragon, and his new companions, to fight back! Get ready to jump into battle when Shining Resonance Refrain launches on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and Steam® for PC on July 10!-PR
- First off, we’re introduced to Kirika Towa Alma, the Diva of Nature. She uses her bow to deal damage from a distance while supporting allies with healing magic.
- Next, we meet Sonia Blanche, the Lightning Princess. Fierce, yet elegant, she darts across the battlefield with her sword and shield, dealing damage to single targets in quick bursts.
- Following Sonia, Agnum Bulletheart, the Pyromaestro makes his appearance. Always aiming to be the center of attention, Agnum deals massive damage to large groups of enemies with explosive fire magic.
- Cooling things down after Agnum’s appearance, we have Lestin Sera Alma, the Glacier Sentinel. He uses ice magic to slow down enemies before cleaving through them with his trusty halberd.
- Rinna, the Whirlwind Sylph brings some cheer to the party with her lighthearted attitude. She deals heavy damage from the back lines with powerful magic abilities.
- Finally, we meet Yuma himself. Armed with the power of the Shining Dragon, he fights with dragon-like ferocity to protect his friends.
This afternoon Idea Factory International revealed the release date of their upcoming game Megadimension Neptunia VIIR
Are you looking for some 3D waifus? Well, look no further! We’re proud to announce that MegadimensionNeptunia™ VIIR (pronounced “V-two-R”) will be coming to North America on May 8, 2018 for the PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®VR! The European version will be announced at a later date.
This enhanced version of 2016’s Megadimension Neptunia VII features smoother graphics courtesy of a new engine, a revamped battle system, and a whole new VR experience. Now, their dimensions and yours are connected! Hang out one-on-one with each of the Gamindustri Goddesses, listen to their conversations, and watch as the Goddesses react to you!
This remake of the game makes full use of the PlayStation VR to interact with your favorite Goddesses. Stay tuned for future coverage of VIIR, and in the mean time check out our review of Megadimension Neptunia VII
This morning SEGA USA has announced that Shinning Resonance Refrain will be heading to the west this Summer on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One.
Liberate the soul of the dragon within you this Summer in Shining Resonance Refrain! Coming to PlayStation® 4, Nintendo Switch™, the family of Xbox One Devices including Xbox One X, and PC for Steam®, Shining Resonance Refrain will tell the tale of sword-wielding Yuma and his friends as they fight the Empire. This marks the return of the Shining series to the West for the first time in a decade.
Here is what you can expect to find in this remaster of the game:
Remastered with New Refrain ModeShining Resonance Refrain remasters the original Shining Resonance, previously released on PlayStation® 3 only in Japan, and features dual audio with English and Japanese voices. In addition to all of the original’s DLC, now included as part of the base “Original Mode,” Shining Resonance Refrain packs a new “Refrain Mode,” unlocking the Imperial Princess Excella and Dragonslayer Jinas as party members for a new experience – just be sure to save this for your second playthrough to avoid any spoilers!With real-time action combat, it will be important to utilize each party member’s unique abilities and strengths while deepening relationships with each character. Through events and dates, get to know your party members to unlock their full potential on the battlefield! Depending on the bonds of the characters, “Resonance” may occur between them, providing a new level of support, leading to victory.Master the B.A.N.D. SystemDragoneers wield Armonics, ancient weapon-instruments, in order to perform mystical and powerful Rune Songs. Once you build enough BPM (Battle Performance Mana), your party will be able to perform a session through the B.A.N.D. system. Depending on which song you play and which character you set at the center, your party will be able to indulge in various beneficial effects. Certain characters may even perform the song in a special costume!Draconic Launch EditionThose who purchase the launch edition of Shining Resonance Refrain on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, will receive the game in a collectible metal slipcase, featuring character artwork of Excella, Sonia, and Kirika.-PR
This afternoon in Japan Idea Factory has announced that they will be porting the remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth, to the PlayStation 4 under the title of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth+. Currently there is no news from Idea Factory International on whether or not this entry will be localized. It will be interesting to see what else Idea Factory has planned, such as a enhanced remake of Re;birth 2 and 3 or even Nintendo Switch ports.
We will keep you updated as the news breaks on this game in regards to release date, localization and more details!
This afternoon SEGA has announced that the latest entry of the Yakuza series Yakuza 6 Song of Life will not be released until April 17th. While this may not be the best news to hear SEGA has also confirmed that there will be a playable demo of Yakuza 6 Song of Life ready for you to play on February 27th.
So while it is sad to see that the game is being pushed back into April, I am happy that fans will be able to try the game out early before they buy it! It also seems like this will be the same demo that released for the Japanese release of Yakuza 6 as your save data will be able to carry over. It also seems like SEGA has some more plans for the Yakuza series as well that they will be sharing with us in the upcoming weeks. We will be sure to keep you updated as the news breaks!
This evening Atlus USA has announced that Persona 5’s total sales have surpassed two million world wide!
ATLUS today announced that the overall sales of Persona 5 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3have reached a crucial milestone with more than 2 million copies sold worldwide. Since the initial launch, Persona 5 has earned critical acclaim, receiving recognition and awards from prestigious media outlets and fans.Most recently, ATLUS is proud to announce that Persona 5 has been nominated in four categories for “The Game Awards 2017,” held in Los Angeles CA on December 7, including: “Game of the Year,” “Best Art Direction,” “Best Score/Music,” and “Best Role Playing Game.”“This has been an incredible year for our company, one that represents our ambitions for Japanese games in the west,” said Naoto Hiraoka, president & CEO of Atlus U.S.A., Inc.. “We are in the middle of experiencing tremendous growth, both in the west and abroad, and the sales of Persona 5 represent a new level of expectation for fans of the genre. Once seen as niche, Persona 5 is one of the most important titles this year, proving interest in this category is expanding. We look forward to delivering more incredible games to our fans next year.”-PR
This morning Atlus USA has confirmed that the highly anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive Shin Megami Tensei V is indeed heading to the west.
ATLUS today announced that Shin Megami Tensei V will be coming West for Nintendo Switch™. Set in modern Tokyo, players will face a new onslaught of demons in the latest from the highly-acclaimed series.More details, including release date and pricing, will be announced at a later date.-PR
A week ago SEGA released a teaser for an unknown Valkyria game, today we learn that the unknown game is Valkyria Chronicles 4! You can check out the detailed trailer for the game here.
Soldiers, strategists, and commanders–the call has come in from the front lines. It’s time to rejoin the fight! The beloved Valkyria Chronicles series makes its grand return westward in 2018 withValkyria Chronicles 4, a new mainline chapter in the saga for PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One™. Return to a continent ravaged by conflict with a familiar-yet-refined tactical RPG battle system, a vibrant and evocative art style that portrays a living canvas of watercolors, and a gripping World War II-inspired story full of momentous triumphs, heartbreaking loss, and unexpected hope for the human spirit.It is the year 1935 EC…The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.-PR
Some features for Valkyria Chronicles 4:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will launch on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in 2018. It’s good to see the Valkyria series get some much needed love! Stay tuned for more information on the game as it develops!
On the official PlayStation blog, SEGA has released some more information on their upcoming title Yakuza 6. They go into detail on how they went about localizing the game and the joys and hurdles of this challenge.
You are tasked with translating an epic, 50-hour adventure from one language to another — including visual cues and UI elements — with a massive story, while maintaining cultural relevance, jokes, and idioms for your new audience. All without compromising the intent, message, and drama of any given scene. This was essentially our task for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and we wanted to share some of the hurdles (And joys!) of this process.
The article is a very interesting read and you can check out the full thing here.
To add more to this new information SEGA has also officially unveiled the Yakuza 6 cover art for the western release! The art for the game seems to really drive home the theme of the game and looks quite exciting!
Yakuza 6 launches on March 20th 2018! Be sure to tune in for future coverage of this game. If you’re wanting to see this game in action, check out the latest trailer Sega has uploaded onto their YouTube channel.
This afternoon Idea Factory International has announced that Megadimension Neptunia VIIR will be making its way to the west in Spring of 2018.
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is an enhanced remake of Megadimension Neptunia VII that includes additional scenarios and some interesting VR support. You can check out the details here:
- Visual Enhancements – Rendered in a new engine, you’ll experience a smoother, richer graphical experience!
- Waifus go 3D – The Gamindustri Goddesses dimension-hop right into your PlayStation®VR headset! For the first time ever, you can interact with the Goddesses in VR one-on-one while they explore you, The Player’s, room.
- New World, New Fights – A renovated battle system allows you to set each attack combo mid-battle and introduces new elements of strategy and resource-management.
- Console Wars go Next-Gen – Transform into even more powerful beings with their NEXT forms, and take control of a different set of characters who want to run Gamindustri!
- Virtual Relaxation – Customize your VR room’s furniture with Nep-worthy looks!
If you want to see some more of the game yourself take a look at the Iffy-cial trailer!
If you are interested in checking out our review of the original Megadimensio Neptunia VII you can take a look here.