Category Archives: Atlus
At the most recent Nintendo Direct, it was announced that Atlus USA would be bringing the most recent FURYU 3DS JRPG The Alliance Alive to the west. A spiritual successor of sorts to The Legend of Legacy.
It’s time to resist! Humanity must band together and unite against Daemon oppressors because ATLUS is bringing FURYU Corporation’s JRPG The Alliance Alive to the Americas and Europe for Nintendo 3DS!The game was originally released in Japan earlier this year and features nostalgic gameplay developed with a modern touch. Featuring massive world-exploration, an intertwining story of nine protagonists, an exhilarating turn-based battle system, and more, JRPG fans will instantly feel at home when crusading against evil in The Alliance Alive.One thousand years ago, Daemons invaded the world and subjugated all that stood in their path. They then separated the realms with the Great Barrier, which thrust the world into a sea of chaos. The barrier caused the Dark Current, an ocean current that submerged most major cities, to wreak havoc and decimate humanity. All hope was lost, and all remaining humans had to bend the knee to their new Daemon kings. Hundreds of years later, the world is about to change again… There are whispers of resistance, and now the time is ripe to bring it to a roar. Can you fan the flames of rebellion and lead mankind to victory?
It seems like there is no breaks on the Persona hype train. At the most recent Persona concert we got confirmation of of not only a Persona 3 Dancing game, but a Persona 5 Dancing game to boot. Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night will be hitting Japan on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita Spring 2018. You can check out the respective trailers:
Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night:
Glad to see we have playable doors in this game, and more Lotus Juice is a treat for everyone.
Persona 5 Dancing Star Night:
Will not lie this one shocked me, I thought for sure Persona 5 Arena would be the first spin off, but this games music sounds on point too.
So 2018 is shaping up to be a big year for Persona fans, with more announcements on the horizon. Will we see some news of the elusive Persona Q 2? Well maybe.
Atlus today has shown off the cover art for Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey (or Strange Journey Redux in the US) in the most recent issue of Famitsu.
The Limited Edition will include the following items:
- Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey
- A 208 page art book
- A six CD soundtrack celebrating the series music
- A special edition box
You can get your hands on this thing for the low price of 16,800 Yen. This edition launches in Japan on October 26th. Sadly there is no news on whether or not western fans will be able to get their hands on this 25th Anniversary edition in the western release next year. Fingers crossed that Atlus will give us something to celebrate!
This afternoon Atlus USA has announced that The Caligula Effect (Formerly called Caligula in Japan) Will be making it’s way to the Americas and Europe on May 2nd.
A digital prison filled with brainwashed high-school students, evil musicians, and an all-powerful virtual idol awaits, because The Caligula Effect is coming to the Americas and Europe on May 2! Originally known as Caligula in Japan, ATLUS and FURYU Corporation have partnered to localize/release JRPG The Caligula Effect as a PlayStation®Vita digital download title.Players will follow the exploits of the Go-Home Club, a tight-knit group of Kishimai High School students who’ve discovered that their lives are nothing more than a virtual charade. They’ve come to realize that the world their living in is actually Mobius, a virtual reality construct created and ruled by an omnipotent virtual idol known as μ (pronounced myoo). This ragtag group of students must encounter crazed students known as Digiheads, battle malevolent musicians, confront the almighty μ, and face their deepest inner-traumas before tasting the sweet nectar of freedom.–PR
- A human story set in a virtual world – Experience a dark story as the Go-Home Club does whatever it takes to escape the digital prison known as Mobius. The crew must defeat a group of evil music producers (known as the Ostinato Musicians) who have been working with μ, and come face-to-face with their own black secrets/desires. Written by Persona series veteran Tadashi Satomi (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment), players will fight towards freedom as they examine the ugly psychological issues that plague the various characters in the game.
- Multiple relationships to nurture – There are 500+ NPCs to recruit into the party to be used in combat. Each has a preassigned class (such as offense, support, etc…) and have a unique background story that’ll slowly be uncovered by completing various quests. Oh, but there’s only 4 characters in a party, so choose your teammates wisely!
- A strategic battle system – The game features a unique battle system called “Imaginary Chain” that makes encounters an exercise in planning. Once enemies are encountered, players will seamlessly transition into battles where they can choose from 100+ skills to unleash on their enemies. While choosing skills, players can adjust timing and see a simulated preview of their attack before committing to it. Maximize damage by creating deadly attack chains between party members and don’t let enemies catch their breath!
- Music by celebrated producers – It’s only fitting that a game about fighting musicians features original songs by celebrated Japanese producers such as OSTER project, 40mP, 164, cosMo@Bousou-P, and more!
It seems like we have another promising JRPG to look forward to this year! You can check out some of the first english screen shots here as well:
The Caligula Effect will be available for download on May 2nd! Be sure to stick around for all of our future coverage on this game!
Atlus USA has released a new trailer and a ton of screenshots showcasing the new Velvet Room and how one goes about Persona fusions in this game. Now let me tell you this, it’s pretty intense!
The trailer itself shows off Igor’s new voice actor and the english voices of his two new assistance. Check it out, but be wary of spoilers in the comments!
Persona 5 launches in the west on April 4th
It’s that time of the year everyone! Welcome to the first annual Gaming Gamma Game of the Year Awards! Here we pit the best of the best games we reviewed this year against each other for the title of Game of the Year! We only have a few simple rules on how a game can be nominated for our sites GOTY award:
- The game must have been reviewed on our site.
- The game must have come out this year.
Well that’s really it! Since it’s our first Game of the Year Awards we have a bit of growing pains to work with but we hope to do this every year! So let’s start out with the individual categories!