Category Archives: Switch
Have you ever wanted to mix the gameplay of say the Disgaea series with the charm of Digimon? Well now you have your chance. Today Bandai Namco has announced that Digimon Survive will be heading westward for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
You can expect to get your hands on this game sometime in 2019! We will keep you all posted more on this as the news breaks.
Today SEGA has announced that their upcoming JRPG Shining Resonance Refrain launches in the west on July 10th.
The island of Alfheim is under siege by the Empire of Lombardia, and it’s up to Yuma Ilvern, the boy with the soul of the Shining Dragon, and his new companions, to fight back! Get ready to jump into battle when Shining Resonance Refrain launches on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and Steam® for PC on July 10!-PR
- First off, we’re introduced to Kirika Towa Alma, the Diva of Nature. She uses her bow to deal damage from a distance while supporting allies with healing magic.
- Next, we meet Sonia Blanche, the Lightning Princess. Fierce, yet elegant, she darts across the battlefield with her sword and shield, dealing damage to single targets in quick bursts.
- Following Sonia, Agnum Bulletheart, the Pyromaestro makes his appearance. Always aiming to be the center of attention, Agnum deals massive damage to large groups of enemies with explosive fire magic.
- Cooling things down after Agnum’s appearance, we have Lestin Sera Alma, the Glacier Sentinel. He uses ice magic to slow down enemies before cleaving through them with his trusty halberd.
- Rinna, the Whirlwind Sylph brings some cheer to the party with her lighthearted attitude. She deals heavy damage from the back lines with powerful magic abilities.
- Finally, we meet Yuma himself. Armed with the power of the Shining Dragon, he fights with dragon-like ferocity to protect his friends.
This morning Aksys Games announced that Story of Seasons creator (formerly called Harvest Moon) Yasuhiro Wada is working on a new IP titled Little Dragon’s Cafe coming to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
This morning SEGA USA has announced that Shinning Resonance Refrain will be heading to the west this Summer on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One.
Liberate the soul of the dragon within you this Summer in Shining Resonance Refrain! Coming to PlayStation® 4, Nintendo Switch™, the family of Xbox One Devices including Xbox One X, and PC for Steam®, Shining Resonance Refrain will tell the tale of sword-wielding Yuma and his friends as they fight the Empire. This marks the return of the Shining series to the West for the first time in a decade.
Here is what you can expect to find in this remaster of the game:
Remastered with New Refrain ModeShining Resonance Refrain remasters the original Shining Resonance, previously released on PlayStation® 3 only in Japan, and features dual audio with English and Japanese voices. In addition to all of the original’s DLC, now included as part of the base “Original Mode,” Shining Resonance Refrain packs a new “Refrain Mode,” unlocking the Imperial Princess Excella and Dragonslayer Jinas as party members for a new experience – just be sure to save this for your second playthrough to avoid any spoilers!With real-time action combat, it will be important to utilize each party member’s unique abilities and strengths while deepening relationships with each character. Through events and dates, get to know your party members to unlock their full potential on the battlefield! Depending on the bonds of the characters, “Resonance” may occur between them, providing a new level of support, leading to victory.Master the B.A.N.D. SystemDragoneers wield Armonics, ancient weapon-instruments, in order to perform mystical and powerful Rune Songs. Once you build enough BPM (Battle Performance Mana), your party will be able to perform a session through the B.A.N.D. system. Depending on which song you play and which character you set at the center, your party will be able to indulge in various beneficial effects. Certain characters may even perform the song in a special costume!Draconic Launch EditionThose who purchase the launch edition of Shining Resonance Refrain on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, will receive the game in a collectible metal slipcase, featuring character artwork of Excella, Sonia, and Kirika.-PR
This morning Atlus USA has confirmed that the highly anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive Shin Megami Tensei V is indeed heading to the west.
ATLUS today announced that Shin Megami Tensei V will be coming West for Nintendo Switch™. Set in modern Tokyo, players will face a new onslaught of demons in the latest from the highly-acclaimed series.More details, including release date and pricing, will be announced at a later date.-PR
A week ago SEGA released a teaser for an unknown Valkyria game, today we learn that the unknown game is Valkyria Chronicles 4! You can check out the detailed trailer for the game here.
Soldiers, strategists, and commanders–the call has come in from the front lines. It’s time to rejoin the fight! The beloved Valkyria Chronicles series makes its grand return westward in 2018 withValkyria Chronicles 4, a new mainline chapter in the saga for PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One™. Return to a continent ravaged by conflict with a familiar-yet-refined tactical RPG battle system, a vibrant and evocative art style that portrays a living canvas of watercolors, and a gripping World War II-inspired story full of momentous triumphs, heartbreaking loss, and unexpected hope for the human spirit.It is the year 1935 EC…The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.-PR
Some features for Valkyria Chronicles 4:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will launch on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in 2018. It’s good to see the Valkyria series get some much needed love! Stay tuned for more information on the game as it develops!
This morning, Atlus has confirmed that their Shin Megami Tensei HD project is none other than Shin Megami Tensei V. Shin Megami Tensei V will be launching exclusively for the Nintendo Switch sometime in the foreseeable future. In the mean time, you can check out the trailer for this game here:
We will be sure to update you on more information about the game as it breaks, but this is an exciting title to finally see headed to the Nintendo Switch!
A bit of a surprise ahead of the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, Gal*Gun 2 will be headed to the PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo Switch.
Now, with the fourth “Gal*Gun” title, Inti Creates decided it’s finally time to make the leap to “Gal*Gun 2″! With the same silly and irreverent style, but new characters and mechanics, “Gal*Gun 2″ represents a big step forward for the series. Big enough for a number, even!
“Gal*Gun 2″ will be available this winter on the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch platforms! More details about the game will be revealed as time goes on, so stay tuned!
With the massive success of the last Gal*Gun on PlayStation 4 and PC, it is not surprising that this game is getting a sequel. However it is surprising to see it hit Nintendo Switch. It’ll be interesting to see if this game will make use of the Nintendo Switches, unique features. You can check out all of the information so far about this game by checking out the developers website here. Currently there is no word on a US Release, but the fact that this was posted on the developers english website can give some hope for fans of the series that it will make it’s way stateside.
Today Nintendo of America has announced that the highly sought after Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch bundle will be making it’s way to North America as a Wal Mart retail exclusive.
REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 17, 2017 – Walmart will be the exclusive retail partner for a new Nintendo Switch bundle that includes a download code for the Splatoon 2 game, a fresh carrying case and colorful new Joy-Con controllers in Neon Pink and Neon Green. The bundle will be available starting Sept. 8 at a suggested retail price of $379.99 and offers fans in North America their first chance to get their hands on that Joy-Con color combination.
“Consumers in Japan and Europe have already had a strong response to Splatoon 2bundles in their territories,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This exclusive Walmart bundle gives people who have been waiting to buy a Nintendo Switch a great value and incentive to get splatting.”
It’s good to see that Nintendo is confidant enough in Splatoon 2 to make it the first bundled game with the Nintendo Switch. However we can’t help but find it odd that Nintendo is deciding to only supply this at Wal Mart and not other retailers such as GameStop, Best Buy and Target. Hopefully this will be in plentiful stock for those who are looking to get their hands on one.
Also during this announcement, Nintendo has announced the next round for Splatoon 2’s Splatfest! Flight vs. Invisibility. It will be interesting to see which side comes out on top!
Today Square Enix has delivered on some awesome news that a lot of Dragon Quest fans have been hoping to hear. Localization of Dragon Quest XI has officially begun!
Fans of great stories, captivating art and alluring music are certain to rejoice with today’s announcement from SQUARE ENIX® that DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age TM will be coming to the West next year.
The highly anticipated latest entry to the beloved DRAGON QUEST video game franchise follows the adventure of a hero who must solve the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charming cast of supporting characters. DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will offer a world of adventure, exploration and instances of heroism— all brought to life by the character art of famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and the memorable music of composer Koichi Sugiyama.
More details about the Western version will be revealed in Fall 2017.
It’s really awesome to see Square Enix bringing more Dragon Quest goodness to the west! So far we do not know which versions of the game are being localized. The game just recently released for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo 3DS in Japan, with a Switch version in development. It’s safe to assume we will at least get the PlayStation 4 version, but let’s hope Square Enix will have some awesome news for Nintendo fans as well this fall!