Category Archives: Sega
A week ago SEGA released a teaser for an unknown Valkyria game, today we learn that the unknown game is Valkyria Chronicles 4! You can check out the detailed trailer for the game here.
Soldiers, strategists, and commanders–the call has come in from the front lines. It’s time to rejoin the fight! The beloved Valkyria Chronicles series makes its grand return westward in 2018 withValkyria Chronicles 4, a new mainline chapter in the saga for PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One™. Return to a continent ravaged by conflict with a familiar-yet-refined tactical RPG battle system, a vibrant and evocative art style that portrays a living canvas of watercolors, and a gripping World War II-inspired story full of momentous triumphs, heartbreaking loss, and unexpected hope for the human spirit.It is the year 1935 EC…The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.-PR
Some features for Valkyria Chronicles 4:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will launch on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in 2018. It’s good to see the Valkyria series get some much needed love! Stay tuned for more information on the game as it develops!
On the official PlayStation blog, SEGA has released some more information on their upcoming title Yakuza 6. They go into detail on how they went about localizing the game and the joys and hurdles of this challenge.
You are tasked with translating an epic, 50-hour adventure from one language to another — including visual cues and UI elements — with a massive story, while maintaining cultural relevance, jokes, and idioms for your new audience. All without compromising the intent, message, and drama of any given scene. This was essentially our task for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and we wanted to share some of the hurdles (And joys!) of this process.
The article is a very interesting read and you can check out the full thing here.
To add more to this new information SEGA has also officially unveiled the Yakuza 6 cover art for the western release! The art for the game seems to really drive home the theme of the game and looks quite exciting!
Yakuza 6 launches on March 20th 2018! Be sure to tune in for future coverage of this game. If you’re wanting to see this game in action, check out the latest trailer Sega has uploaded onto their YouTube channel.
This morning during the Yakuza presentation, it was announced that the Yakuza team will be heading up a Fist of the North Star game.
This was truly a surprise this morning, it looks like this game will be taking the best of the Yakuza universe and merging it with Fists of the North Star. Fist of the North Star will launch on PlayStation 4 in 2018. Stay tuned for further updates on this game. More will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show.
This morning SEGA has announced that Yakuza Kiwami 2 is indeed real, and is being made from the ground up in Yakuza 6’s Dragon Engine. Not only will the game be getting an entire visual overhaul, but there will also be a lot of extra content as well. For example, an entire chapter starring Goro Majima will be added.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 looks very impressive in the Dragon Engine! We look forward to seeing more of this game as news develop! No word on a western release date as of yet, but I expect to hear something as we get closer to Yakuza 6’s launch in the west!
Yakuza Kiwami 2 will launch in Japan on December 7th, 2017. If you haven’t done so already you can check out our review of Yakuza Kiwami in the meantime here.
It seems like some news may have accidentally leaked onto the Taiwanese PlayStation Store ahead of Saturday’s Yakuza event. Yakuza Kiwami 2 briefly made it’s way onto the storefront’s listing before being taken down quickly.
According to the translation, Yakuza Kiwmai 2 will be a remake of Yakuza 2, however, instead of being remade in the Yakuza 0 engine like the first Yakuza Kiwami, it seems like it will be remade in the Yakuza 6 engine. However this is all still speculation until SEGA announces their upcoming Yakuza news this weekend. We will be sure to keep you posted as the news breaks! In the mean time you should check out our review of Yakuza Kiwami by clicking here.
This morning SEGA USA has announced that Yakuza 6 The Song of Life will be launching in North America and Europe on March 20th, and have also announced a Launch Edition and Premium Edition of the game.
The Dragon of Dojima has had a long and weary road brawling with endless thugs and belted his heart out to countless karaoke tunes in the Yakuza series, and it’s time for one more story. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the final chapter of long time protagonist Kazuma Kiryu’s story, is coming to the West on March 20, 2018 for PlayStation®4! The game will be will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99/CA$79.99 in the Americas, £49.99 in the United Kingdom, €59.99 in the rest of Europe, and A$89.99 in Australia.In Yakuza 6, Kiryu will find out exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice for family – be those ties through blood or bond – when he investigates a series of shadowy events that involve the ones he holds closest to his heart. He’ll journey to familiar grounds in Kamurocho and the new setting of Onomichi, a beautiful, sleepy port town in Hiroshima Prefecture, in order to find the answers he seeks. Powered by the brand-new Dragon Engine, the game is the ultimate iteration of Yakuza’s blend of gritty crime story, hyper-explosive combat, and all the vices and distractions those locales have to offer.Since Yakuza 6 is Kiryu’s last outing as the main protagonist in Yakuza, it’s just proper to release the game with our first-ever premium edition! The ultra-classy “After Hours Premium Edition” contains the perfect tools to lounge like a true yakuza:–PR
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
Platform: PlayStation 4
ESRB Rating: M
Release Date: January 24th, 2017
Thank You SEGA for Providing a Review Copy of this Game
Yakuza 0 is the latest entry in the long running Yakuza series and acts as a prequel to the series as well. In this game you get a closer look into the back stories of the series two biggest characters: main protagonist Kazamu Kiyru, and Majima Goro. Here we see their life from their early days in the Japanese criminal underworld, and get an idea of what led them to where they are now in the current Yakuza games. So how does this prequel fair for the overall series? Well, I am hoping my review can give my experience in this game justice.
It’s that time of the year everyone! Welcome to the first annual Gaming Gamma Game of the Year Awards! Here we pit the best of the best games we reviewed this year against each other for the title of Game of the Year! We only have a few simple rules on how a game can be nominated for our sites GOTY award:
- The game must have been reviewed on our site.
- The game must have come out this year.
Well that’s really it! Since it’s our first Game of the Year Awards we have a bit of growing pains to work with but we hope to do this every year! So let’s start out with the individual categories!