Author Archives: Gammalad
Today SEGA has announced that their upcoming JRPG Shining Resonance Refrain launches in the west on July 10th.
The island of Alfheim is under siege by the Empire of Lombardia, and it’s up to Yuma Ilvern, the boy with the soul of the Shining Dragon, and his new companions, to fight back! Get ready to jump into battle when Shining Resonance Refrain launches on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and Steam® for PC on July 10!-PR
- First off, we’re introduced to Kirika Towa Alma, the Diva of Nature. She uses her bow to deal damage from a distance while supporting allies with healing magic.
- Next, we meet Sonia Blanche, the Lightning Princess. Fierce, yet elegant, she darts across the battlefield with her sword and shield, dealing damage to single targets in quick bursts.
- Following Sonia, Agnum Bulletheart, the Pyromaestro makes his appearance. Always aiming to be the center of attention, Agnum deals massive damage to large groups of enemies with explosive fire magic.
- Cooling things down after Agnum’s appearance, we have Lestin Sera Alma, the Glacier Sentinel. He uses ice magic to slow down enemies before cleaving through them with his trusty halberd.
- Rinna, the Whirlwind Sylph brings some cheer to the party with her lighthearted attitude. She deals heavy damage from the back lines with powerful magic abilities.
- Finally, we meet Yuma himself. Armed with the power of the Shining Dragon, he fights with dragon-like ferocity to protect his friends.
More Senran Kagura and Fate/Extella Link Heading Westward Later this Year, Bullet Witch Comes to PC April 25th
This morning XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe have announced plethora of localization announcements that western fans can look forward to.
First up we have Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, a remake of the 3DS title Senran Kagura Burst heading to the PlayStation 4 and PC this fall.
Originally released under the name SENRAN KAGURA Burst in North America and serving as a “director’s cut”-style take on the inaugural entry in this now storied series, SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal brings the prior release’s classic 2.5D action to modern hardware with a full 3D remake and a fresh retelling of the story that started it all. This fast-paced brawler will provide updated combat mechanics and character models, as well as all-new special effects for a voluptuous visual feast! The series’ popular Dressing Room mode continues to see expansions too, with a wealth of new outfits and options that allow players to customize their favorite girls’ looks and styles. With additional DLC episodes to come that will reveal new story episodes for Yumi and Miyabi detailing their histories prior to meeting Asuka and Homura, SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal delivers an authentic recreation of the original game while ensuring that series fans will have plenty of new content to look forward to!Developed by Honey∞Parade Games, Inc. and slated for publishing on PS4™ system and Windows PC, SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal will release this fall both digitally and physically on PS4™ system and digitally on Windows PC. More release details will be shared at a future time.
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Nintendo of America
Platform: Nintendo Switch
ESRB Rating: T
A Review Copy Was Provided by Nintendo of America for the Purpose of Review
While Dragon Quest Builders graced Dragon Quest fans on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita last year, Square Enix’s interesting spin off graces Nintendo’s new hybrid system. How does this mesh of a beloved JRPG series and Minecraft turn out? In today’s review we take a dive into it and see if this game could possibly be one of the best games on the Nintendo Switch.
System: Nintendo 3DS
Release Date: March 27th
The Alliance Alive is the latest JRPG brought to us by FuRyu, who are best known for games such as The Caligula Effect, Lost Dimension, and The Legend of Legacy. The Alliance Alive may look like a sequel to The Legend of Legacy at first glance, but it instead is a standalone game with its own separate story. That being said The game does borrow quite a few elements from The Legend of Legacy such as the combat system. With all of this in mind, does The Alliance Alive hold up on its own?
Story of Seasons creator Yasuhiro Wada’s latest project Little Dragon Cafe is now available for pre-order on Amazon. With the pre-order availability we got quite a few new screenshots of the game!
While no trailer is currently available for the game, we can get quite a bit of information based off these screenshots! This game seriously looks like a return to Wada-san’s Bokujo roots, and I am honestly excited to see what else this game has to offer.
Little Dragon Cafe is currently available to pre-order on Amazon with a Limited Edition on the way!
At today’s Yakuza Art Gallery event, SEGA has announced that Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be heading to the west this August!
It’s been a full year since Kazuma Kiryu took his leave from the world of the yakuza during the events of Yakuza Kiwami. Fate, however, has other things in mind for the legendary Dragon of Dojima, and Kiryu finds himself back on the front lines of a potential all-out war, as SEGA proudly presents Yakuza Kiwami 2, one of the most beloved storylines in the franchise’s history, remade in full HD for the PlayStation®4.From the global development studio that introduced the world to Kazuma Kiryu, Ryu Ga Gotoku returns in high form with Yakuza Kiwami 2. The game will be releasing both physically and digitally on the PlayStation®4 on August 28, 2018for $49.99. That’s not all, though – pre-orders and first-run copies of Yakuza Kiwami 2 will come in an elaborate SteelBook® featuring Kiryu and his fierce rival, the Dragon of Kansai, Ryuji Goda.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 also features a lot of cool new stuff too:
- Dragons Belong on the Dragon Engine – Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a re-creation of the original Yakuza 2, completely rebuilt in the Dragon Engine, the same engine used in developing Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. Experience gorgeous graphics on top of seamless transitions between battles or when entering or leaving buildings. All cutscenes and key voiced lines have been re-recorded to be as true to the original as possible, while reaping the benefits of the most powerful engine the Yakuza series has ever seen.
- Big Hits, Minigames – Kiryu hasn’t let his time away from the front lines dull his skills in combat or leisure. Pull off a wide variety of brutal (and hilarious) Heat Actions, and challenge new minigames such as Golf Bingo, the original arcade release of Virtual-On, the return of Yakuza 0‘s much-celebrated Cabaret (including the return of fan-favorite Yuki!), Majima’s revamped Clan Creator, and even SEGA’s infamous Toylets!
- Unveil the Truth of Goro Majima – This time around, Kiryu isn’t the only one running the show – fans of the Mad Dog of Shimano won’t want to miss this new Majima-centric campaign, which features Majima as a playable character, complete with his trusty dagger, and sheds light on his personal journey from the end of Yakuza Kiwami up to Yakuza Kiwami 2.
- Extreme Localization – We’ve gone through the Yakuza Kiwami 2script with a fine-toothed comb; every effort has been made to ensure that it’s the most faithful representation of the original Japanese. SEGA is committed to supporting the best Yakuza experience possible for the series’ dedicated fans around the world.
In the meantime checkout the announcement trailer for the game!
If you haven’t done so already, check out our review of Yakuza 6 the Song of Life. Also be sure to keep an eye out, we will be reporting more news on this game as it breaks! Until then check out some screenshots of Kiwami 2!
Publisher: SEGA USA
Platform:PlayStation 4, Played on PlayStation 4 Pro
ESRB Rating: M
Release Date April 17th
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is the seventh main entry in SEGA’s open world beat ‘em up series. Yakuza 6 has a lot to live up to; not only is it the seventh mainline entry, it acts as the swan song for serious protagonist Kazuma Kiryu. The game is also the first to use SEGA’s new high fidelity graphic engine The Dragon Engine. So with all of this riding on the games back, how does the game do? Does it live up to the expectations of a Yakuza game or does it buckle under all the pressure?
This afternoon Idea Factory International revealed the release date of their upcoming game Megadimension Neptunia VIIR
Are you looking for some 3D waifus? Well, look no further! We’re proud to announce that MegadimensionNeptunia™ VIIR (pronounced “V-two-R”) will be coming to North America on May 8, 2018 for the PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®VR! The European version will be announced at a later date.
This enhanced version of 2016’s Megadimension Neptunia VII features smoother graphics courtesy of a new engine, a revamped battle system, and a whole new VR experience. Now, their dimensions and yours are connected! Hang out one-on-one with each of the Gamindustri Goddesses, listen to their conversations, and watch as the Goddesses react to you!
This remake of the game makes full use of the PlayStation VR to interact with your favorite Goddesses. Stay tuned for future coverage of VIIR, and in the mean time check out our review of Megadimension Neptunia VII
This morning Aksys Games announced that Story of Seasons creator (formerly called Harvest Moon) Yasuhiro Wada is working on a new IP titled Little Dragon’s Cafe coming to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
This morning SEGA USA has announced that Shinning Resonance Refrain will be heading to the west this Summer on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One.
Liberate the soul of the dragon within you this Summer in Shining Resonance Refrain! Coming to PlayStation® 4, Nintendo Switch™, the family of Xbox One Devices including Xbox One X, and PC for Steam®, Shining Resonance Refrain will tell the tale of sword-wielding Yuma and his friends as they fight the Empire. This marks the return of the Shining series to the West for the first time in a decade.
Here is what you can expect to find in this remaster of the game:
Remastered with New Refrain ModeShining Resonance Refrain remasters the original Shining Resonance, previously released on PlayStation® 3 only in Japan, and features dual audio with English and Japanese voices. In addition to all of the original’s DLC, now included as part of the base “Original Mode,” Shining Resonance Refrain packs a new “Refrain Mode,” unlocking the Imperial Princess Excella and Dragonslayer Jinas as party members for a new experience – just be sure to save this for your second playthrough to avoid any spoilers!With real-time action combat, it will be important to utilize each party member’s unique abilities and strengths while deepening relationships with each character. Through events and dates, get to know your party members to unlock their full potential on the battlefield! Depending on the bonds of the characters, “Resonance” may occur between them, providing a new level of support, leading to victory.Master the B.A.N.D. SystemDragoneers wield Armonics, ancient weapon-instruments, in order to perform mystical and powerful Rune Songs. Once you build enough BPM (Battle Performance Mana), your party will be able to perform a session through the B.A.N.D. system. Depending on which song you play and which character you set at the center, your party will be able to indulge in various beneficial effects. Certain characters may even perform the song in a special costume!Draconic Launch EditionThose who purchase the launch edition of Shining Resonance Refrain on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, will receive the game in a collectible metal slipcase, featuring character artwork of Excella, Sonia, and Kirika.-PR