Category Archives: Atlus
This afternoon Atlus USA has announced that The Caligula Effect (Formerly called Caligula in Japan) Will be making it’s way to the Americas and Europe on May 2nd.
A digital prison filled with brainwashed high-school students, evil musicians, and an all-powerful virtual idol awaits, because The Caligula Effect is coming to the Americas and Europe on May 2! Originally known as Caligula in Japan, ATLUS and FURYU Corporation have partnered to localize/release JRPG The Caligula Effect as a PlayStation®Vita digital download title.Players will follow the exploits of the Go-Home Club, a tight-knit group of Kishimai High School students who’ve discovered that their lives are nothing more than a virtual charade. They’ve come to realize that the world their living in is actually Mobius, a virtual reality construct created and ruled by an omnipotent virtual idol known as μ (pronounced myoo). This ragtag group of students must encounter crazed students known as Digiheads, battle malevolent musicians, confront the almighty μ, and face their deepest inner-traumas before tasting the sweet nectar of freedom.–PR
- A human story set in a virtual world – Experience a dark story as the Go-Home Club does whatever it takes to escape the digital prison known as Mobius. The crew must defeat a group of evil music producers (known as the Ostinato Musicians) who have been working with μ, and come face-to-face with their own black secrets/desires. Written by Persona series veteran Tadashi Satomi (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment), players will fight towards freedom as they examine the ugly psychological issues that plague the various characters in the game.
- Multiple relationships to nurture – There are 500+ NPCs to recruit into the party to be used in combat. Each has a preassigned class (such as offense, support, etc…) and have a unique background story that’ll slowly be uncovered by completing various quests. Oh, but there’s only 4 characters in a party, so choose your teammates wisely!
- A strategic battle system – The game features a unique battle system called “Imaginary Chain” that makes encounters an exercise in planning. Once enemies are encountered, players will seamlessly transition into battles where they can choose from 100+ skills to unleash on their enemies. While choosing skills, players can adjust timing and see a simulated preview of their attack before committing to it. Maximize damage by creating deadly attack chains between party members and don’t let enemies catch their breath!
- Music by celebrated producers – It’s only fitting that a game about fighting musicians features original songs by celebrated Japanese producers such as OSTER project, 40mP, 164, cosMo@Bousou-P, and more!
It seems like we have another promising JRPG to look forward to this year! You can check out some of the first english screen shots here as well:
The Caligula Effect will be available for download on May 2nd! Be sure to stick around for all of our future coverage on this game!
Atlus USA has released a new trailer and a ton of screenshots showcasing the new Velvet Room and how one goes about Persona fusions in this game. Now let me tell you this, it’s pretty intense!
The trailer itself shows off Igor’s new voice actor and the english voices of his two new assistance. Check it out, but be wary of spoilers in the comments!
Persona 5 launches in the west on April 4th
It’s that time of the year everyone! Welcome to the first annual Gaming Gamma Game of the Year Awards! Here we pit the best of the best games we reviewed this year against each other for the title of Game of the Year! We only have a few simple rules on how a game can be nominated for our sites GOTY award:
- The game must have been reviewed on our site.
- The game must have come out this year.
Well that’s really it! Since it’s our first Game of the Year Awards we have a bit of growing pains to work with but we hope to do this every year! So let’s start out with the individual categories!