Category Archives: Atlus
Sticking with Atlus tradition, Etrian Odyssey V will have it’s very own launch edition packed with some wonderful goodies! For those of you picking up Etrian Odyssey V at launch this is what you can expect to find in the launch edition of the game:
- 24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
- 6-Track Music CD – A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro!
- Outer Box – The Yggdrasil and eager adventurers adorn this colorful out box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.
This is also looking to be one of the few Atlus launch editions that dosen’t seem to include the infamous “Atlus Tax”, you will be able to pick this up this Fall for $39.99.
Atlus USA will also be streaming some Etrian Odyssey V on their twitch. channel to celebrate the series 10th Anniversary on July 28th at 6:00pm EST. In the mean time you can check out the newest trailer for the game.
Atlus today has shown off the cover art for Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey (or Strange Journey Redux in the US) in the most recent issue of Famitsu.
The Limited Edition will include the following items:
- Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey
- A 208 page art book
- A six CD soundtrack celebrating the series music
- A special edition box
You can get your hands on this thing for the low price of 16,800 Yen. This edition launches in Japan on October 26th. Sadly there is no news on whether or not western fans will be able to get their hands on this 25th Anniversary edition in the western release next year. Fingers crossed that Atlus will give us something to celebrate!
Today Atlus USA has officially announced that Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will be heading to the West on September 5th.
The adventure is ending because Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will be available in Americas and Europe on Sept. 5! The game is the sequel to the upcoming Mask of Deception and takes place right after the dramatic events of the previous game.Chaos has taken hold of the land in Mask of Truth as a conniving general has unlawfully seized the throne of the mighty Yamato Empire. The only ones that stand in his way are a couple of familiar faces who must rally different kingdoms together and fight against the powerful Imperial army. An 80+ hours long visual novel/SRPG experience awaits as you’ll get close with a new cast of colorful characters, fight in numerous exciting engagements with an enhanced battle system, explore intriguing new lands, and more.Utawarerumono:Mask of Truth will be released in the Americas on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in both physical and digital formats on Sept. 5. The European PS4 version will have a physical release, but the PS Vita version will be digital-only. It will be priced at $49.99 for the PS4 and $39.99 for the PS Vita (with commensurate European pricing). The game, originally published/developed by AQUAPLUS, will have its original Japanese audio–PR
Pre-orders and limited launch editions of the game will come with a collector’s slip case box and pillowcase bonus items (only available in the Americas). The double-sided pillowcase features the mysterious Yamato priestesses Uruuru and Saraana, and will fit on most standard pillows. Negotiating alliances, battling enemies, and juggling relationships is a lot of work, so we encourage you to lay down and rest your head on the adorable bonus item to stay fresh for the journey ahead. Full press release, asset download links, and super cute glamshot below!-PR
This afternoon Atlus USA has announced that The Caligula Effect (Formerly called Caligula in Japan) Will be making it’s way to the Americas and Europe on May 2nd.
A digital prison filled with brainwashed high-school students, evil musicians, and an all-powerful virtual idol awaits, because The Caligula Effect is coming to the Americas and Europe on May 2! Originally known as Caligula in Japan, ATLUS and FURYU Corporation have partnered to localize/release JRPG The Caligula Effect as a PlayStation®Vita digital download title.Players will follow the exploits of the Go-Home Club, a tight-knit group of Kishimai High School students who’ve discovered that their lives are nothing more than a virtual charade. They’ve come to realize that the world their living in is actually Mobius, a virtual reality construct created and ruled by an omnipotent virtual idol known as μ (pronounced myoo). This ragtag group of students must encounter crazed students known as Digiheads, battle malevolent musicians, confront the almighty μ, and face their deepest inner-traumas before tasting the sweet nectar of freedom.–PR
- A human story set in a virtual world – Experience a dark story as the Go-Home Club does whatever it takes to escape the digital prison known as Mobius. The crew must defeat a group of evil music producers (known as the Ostinato Musicians) who have been working with μ, and come face-to-face with their own black secrets/desires. Written by Persona series veteran Tadashi Satomi (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment), players will fight towards freedom as they examine the ugly psychological issues that plague the various characters in the game.
- Multiple relationships to nurture – There are 500+ NPCs to recruit into the party to be used in combat. Each has a preassigned class (such as offense, support, etc…) and have a unique background story that’ll slowly be uncovered by completing various quests. Oh, but there’s only 4 characters in a party, so choose your teammates wisely!
- A strategic battle system – The game features a unique battle system called “Imaginary Chain” that makes encounters an exercise in planning. Once enemies are encountered, players will seamlessly transition into battles where they can choose from 100+ skills to unleash on their enemies. While choosing skills, players can adjust timing and see a simulated preview of their attack before committing to it. Maximize damage by creating deadly attack chains between party members and don’t let enemies catch their breath!
- Music by celebrated producers – It’s only fitting that a game about fighting musicians features original songs by celebrated Japanese producers such as OSTER project, 40mP, 164, cosMo@Bousou-P, and more!
It seems like we have another promising JRPG to look forward to this year! You can check out some of the first english screen shots here as well:
The Caligula Effect will be available for download on May 2nd! Be sure to stick around for all of our future coverage on this game!
Atlus USA has released a new trailer and a ton of screenshots showcasing the new Velvet Room and how one goes about Persona fusions in this game. Now let me tell you this, it’s pretty intense!
The trailer itself shows off Igor’s new voice actor and the english voices of his two new assistance. Check it out, but be wary of spoilers in the comments!
Persona 5 launches in the west on April 4th
It’s that time of the year everyone! Welcome to the first annual Gaming Gamma Game of the Year Awards! Here we pit the best of the best games we reviewed this year against each other for the title of Game of the Year! We only have a few simple rules on how a game can be nominated for our sites GOTY award:
- The game must have been reviewed on our site.
- The game must have come out this year.
Well that’s really it! Since it’s our first Game of the Year Awards we have a bit of growing pains to work with but we hope to do this every year! So let’s start out with the individual categories!